This week has proven to be a tough one for many families in our area whom are still reeling from the tragic loss os two young lives. So how do we process all the emotions, feelings and questions that can bombard us? I believe the best place to turn for wisdom, understanding and answers to our questions is to God and His Word. I have listed verses & truths I turn to when face with tragedy in the hopes they will be a help to you in your time of difficulty.
Things to remember when bad things happen:
1. We can never completely understand all about God os His ways. - Isaiah 55:8-9
a. Why He allows certain things to happen.
b. His thoughts, ways ,actions, plans or reasons.
2. We must focus on what we do know about God. - 1 John 4:10
a. He loves us. - Jeremiah 31:3
b. He desires a relationship with us. - John 3:16
c. He works all things our for the good for those who accept Him as Lord & Savior. - Romans 8:28
3. We live in a fallen world. - Titus 2:11-12, Romans 16:16-23
a. Struggle is a part of life. - John 16:33
b. Satan wants to destroy us. - John 10:10
c. Jesus has overcome the world. - John 16:33
d. Jesus is always there for us - Deuteronomy 31:6, Psalm 46
4. Death is a victory for those who accept Christ as their savior. - 1 Corinthians 15:54-57
a. We will see God face to face. - John 14:1-3
b. There will be no more pain, sorrow, sickness or death. - Revelation 21:4
5. We must make the most of our time here on earth. - James 4:13-15
a. In the way we live. - Ephesians 5:15-16
b. Being grateful for what we have. - Psalm 136, Hebrews 12:28, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
6. We must share with others sos they can have the same love, hope and grace we have in God.
2 Peter 3:8, 1 Peter 3:15-17
a. Sharing God’s love. - 1 John 4:7-12, 12:20-21
b. Sharing how to have a personal relationship with Him. - Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9-10