This year we will be heading up to Myrtle Beach, SCL to participate in resort ministry with Impact Ministries. Resort ministry is simply doing ministry in resort areas where people come to play and relax. Resort ministry enables Christians to share the gospel with those at leisure. Creative tools are used in the resort setting to present the living Christ. However, it is essential to remember that resort missions is much more than just the tools--day camps, music, puppets, clowns, drama, recreation, and so on. It is using these ministry tools to earn the right to speak with people about the reason we are here – Jesus Christ!
1. How much will an awesome week like this cost? The cost is $250 per person. With the inability to offer fundraising lunches, we are asking our church family to give to our Summer Mission Trip offering to help off-set the cost.
2. Where And when will all this take place? We will be serving in Myrtle Beach, SC and staying at Impact Ministries Retreat Center. June 16-22, 2024.
3. When do I need to register & how do I do it? In order to ensure a spot for your student, you will need to register online or by contacting Bobby Miller as soon as possible, but please no later than May 7th to ensure a spot for your teenager. Upon registering, an information packet with in-depth details and forms will be given to you. We can not guarantee spots after May 7th!
4. What do I need to bring? A great attitude with a desire to learn and serve is a must. A more detailed list will be provided in your information packet.
5. Who can participate in this mission camp? This camp is open to all 7th - 12th grade students. We will give our DSBC students the option of participating first, but should have plenty of room for everyone!
6. What are the responsibilities of participants for mission trip? We will provide you with a list of participant expectations & responsibilities in your information packet. But don’t worry, you will not have any problem following them.
7. How many adults will be attending trip? We are required to have 1 adult for every 6 students. Some of your favorite counselors have already made plans to attend!
8. What if I have more questions? This mailer is not designed to address every possible question that may arise, so please contact Bobby Miller (Cell) or by email at your earliest convenience!